Every morning I open my inbox to find email updates from blogs I subscribe to. I hear from some blogs every day, while others just once a week or even once a month. They teach me valuable lessons about business and the law.
I thought that I would share with you some of the blogs that I love to read and watch (so many of these ladies are rocking video blogs these days!) These 5 blogs aren’t legal-related. They’re business-focused. They talk about what it takes to start a business in today’s crazy, always on-line, social media obsessed world. Just knowing the law will only get you so far.
1. Seth Godin. I **LOVE** Seth Godin. He’s my marketing guru. I believe in every thing he writes, and my mission is to apply the lessons I’ve learned to the legal profession. I feel that if every lawyer in America read his books, the profession wouldn’t be in the current state that it finds itself in, and we wouldn’t have to watch those terrible attorney TV commercials again. He blogs everyday at www.sethgodin.com
2. Marie Forleo. In her own words, she describes herself as “part business strategist, part marketing maven and part spiritual ass-kicker with a side of hip-hop swagger.” Once a week, Marie dishes out business and life strategy lessons in short video segments that she calls MarieTV at her blog www.marieforleo.com.
3. Ashley Ambirge. Ashley Ambirge is not every person’s cup of tea. You have to accept her honesty, her pension for 4-letter words, and flair for the dramatic, but the lessons this copywrite maven teaches are spot on. Her website is called “the Middle Finger Project” and her tag line is “Doing business & life differently”. That’s an understatement. Ashley is the answer to boring website copy, because there is nothing boring about her. (Just beware of the four-letter words.)
4. Darren Hardy. The publisher of SUCCESS Magazine writes a wonderful weekly blog containing interesting stories and lessons on what it takes to be successful in business and in life. Check it out at www.darrenhardy.success.com.
5. Natalie MacNeil. Natalie offers women entrepreneurs advise on how to build their own empires and take on the world through her weekly video blog, She Takes on the World. I recently discovered Natalie and am enjoying her fresh perspective on women in business for themselves. I am looking forward to reading her book She Takes on the World.
So what blogs do you follow? Who gives you inspiration to build your legal practice? Let me know in the comments below.